Thursday, July 3, 2008

SYTYCD mixed feelings 7/2

So, I felt a little confused after watching the show. I felt the judges were harder on some routines that didn't deserve it and gave great crits on others that just weren't as good as they claimed. For instance, when Matt and Kourtni danced hip hop I was wowed. I mean for the past few weeks all they've been talking about is how Matt dances like he has something stuck up his butt, all high and mighty. But he was smooth and getting down into it. I thought it was a HUGE leap of progress for him. And not one judge said that. I was shocked!!! Yea, he didn't hit the pops hard, but it looked like it was suppose to be smooth to me. Was it my favorite routine, no, but did it deserve such harshness, no way. Vise versa, Joshua and Katee's last dance was a swing dance by Benji. And it was nothing like it should've been and they got rave reviews! I mean the first few dances Nigel and Napoleon were saying if they had to compare people's routines to professionals it was just awful, well so was Joshua and Katee, apart for a few moves. I mean when Benji would dance it was just so powerful. *Pow* kicks here and crazy fast feet there! Joshua and Katee danced it soo soft! I know how Benji moves, and how he would've wanted those moves and they just weren't up to par. I am a big big fan of Joshua and Katee, but I feel like the judges were judging based on who their favorites were. The couples they were hardest on were the couples who are always in the bottom. Also, Jessica and Will. I am a huge fan of them and often I think they are way to hard on Jessica. And tonight they were for sure. Their contemporary routine was amazing!!! I loved every bit of it, and still they said Jessica was pulling Will down. It is only making her self-esteem lower and that is whats holding her back. I hope that she breaks free of it, because her and Will are soo amazing! The couple I care least about is Courtney and Gev. They just don't pull me in. I think they are pretty good, but I have no connection to them. And the sad thing is that they won't be going home for at least 2 more weeks, but Instead couples I am more connected to will be going. And I can already tell by the judges comments that it will be either Kourtni and Matt or Comfort and Thayne. I am way more interested in them than Courtney and Gev. This is going to make these next couple Thursdays hard. But, there were a few super amazing routines that really left me happy and so much more. Mia Michaels is a freakin genius!!! But I'll get into my favs later. It's late and I don't know if the videos I want to add are up yet. But I wanted to make sure I got this out before I forgot the details. So I will post the videos of my favorites dances tomorrow, along with any new feelings about who goes home.

No comments: