Friday, May 23, 2008

Penny ante poker and Grandpa

Well tonight I played penny ante poker with my Grandpa, parents, and my aunt and uncle. We all live on the same street. My sister also has her own place on the street too. This is my families street, haha. My Grandpa is having a hard time right now. He lost his wife last October and now he is starting to go blind. He is often lonely and is too proud to really talk about it. He has broke down and cried in front of my mom a couple times. It breaks my heart. He also has issues with my grandma's kids. When she died she left her son as the beneficiary. Since Grandpa was short on money and she didn't have a ton of family here there was no funeral. We did have a pot luck remembrance dinner though, and she was cremated. Everyone assumed that life insurance money would go to the funeral home to cover the costs of cremation and then the money would go to the beneficiary, including the funeral home. But it didn't. And the son won't even give my grandpa any of the money. My grandpa needs it to pay her hospital bills and the cremation costs, but they are just greedy. It really pisses me off that they are screwing my grandpa over like that. He loved my grandma dearly and would have given her the world if he could. Some of my family had issues with her, she was the step mom and had her own kids that my aunts claim she treated better. I didn't really see any of that, just because it happened before I was born and when I was tiny. My grandpa is just the sweetest man ever. I really wish I was better off so I could help him more. But he really enjoyed playing cards tonight and so did I.

1 comment:

James said...

That's sad and really sucks, I know what these type of family issues are like been there :-( hopefully things will get better.