Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tears, pain, and acomplishment

Hola peoples. So I am exhausted! I didn't get like any sleep last night and I had to wake up to do 2 hrs of drawings of my hand. I had to do a blind contour for an hour!!! Of just the outline of my hand. It was torture. Drawing class has really been a lot of work. I actually got really overwhelmed and emotional in class. When it came to making real drawings of stuff the teacher sets up, I felt I was the worst in the class. I didn't know where to begin or how to really size it all out. The teacher came to correct me and I felt pretty embarrassed and he kept coming to help me and hardly no one else. I just felt like I sucked super bad. Then yesterday in class I still felt uneasy about drawing and we had to spend the whole class drawing this assemble of stuff on a mini stage. I was of course overwhelmed and the teacher came and saw how I was starting and was correcting and helping me. I felt like an untalented chump and even started to tear up, which only made me feel even more silly. But the teacher gave me really good advice and it took me a long time and it was a lot of measuring and fixing, but I actually made a pretty good drawing. It was a little small and the shadows weren't as dark as they should've been, but it was pretty damn good for one of my first major drawings. I left feeling very excited, pleased, and hopeful. Today we had our first nude model. I was nervous that I would make the model look awful on my paper, but it was okay. I used what I had learned and did some okay gesture drawings. The teacher did come by and offer some help, but today I was happy for it. I think I will actually improve and make some cool things in this class. Unfortunately, I have some boring, hard, time consuming homework this weekend, but oh well. I also heard that there is an awesome scanner on campus, so I am gonna try to find out more and maybe I will be able to post some of my work.

1 comment:

James said...

Wow I cant wait to see your stuff, it kinda inspires me to start drawing again, i use to love it... the only art project im doing now is my room which is coming a long nicely I think